||Director of Productions
||Full time 40 hours per week, Monday – Friday (Flexibility required to work weekends, bank holidays and additional hours)
||Head Office – Greater London, IlfordIG2 7BS
||Competitive and based on knowledge, skills & experience
||Islam Channel – Sky 727/Virgin 838
Can you write compelling scripts without the ‘waffle’? Can you find intriguing stories and contributors relevant to a target audience? Are you capable of sourcing stories the mainstream may have missed?
Islam Channel is the UK’s largest Muslim-focused network, producing a wide range of programmes across a variety of disciplines. It uses multiple platforms to reach thousands of viewers in over 100 countries worldwide.
We are recruiting Production Interns in the following areas:
- News & Current Affairs
This role will suit an individual fluent in English, tasked with producing high quality content for a Muslim-majority audience around the world. You will be responsible for assisting in producing, originating, preparing and presenting news stories, reports, packages, interviews, discussions, background analysis and features. You must be able to use social media to maximise output, including using it to source relevant stories.
The ideal candidate will be results driven and thrive in a culturally diverse environment, eager to work on interesting and varied projects.
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in developing high quality and creative content from concept to completion.
- Plan, facilitate, execute and produce video/media/digital productions from inception to completion
- Assist with general production tasks including write scripts, shoot and edit high quality content
- Learn and be capable of directing, staging and lighting for shoots as well as camera work to produce high quality content
- Learn and work with Adobe Creative Suite, especially with Premiere Pro and After Effects.
- Continuous Improvement. Work in Partnership with internal clients and staff. To analyze communication/marketing opportunity and design creative content for the effective medium.
- Organize shoot production logistics (location, actors, crew, etc.), direct live-action shoots, both crew and talent, research and assess ideas for new video concepts
- Provide creativity and expertise to the design and development of video, photo, multimedia and web programs
- Review and provide feedback on existing, proposed and past projects for visual quality and creativity
- Manage all aspects of production across a number of projects at once and have a willingness to be ‘hands on’ with creative.
- Deliver projects on time and on budget, working with other members of the team, specialist partners and freelance staff.
- Oversee production of content
- Communicating production information and requirements clearly to other production and post-production staff
- To liaise closely with other team members and with other departments, to ensure that output material is shared, duplication is avoided, and best practice is upheld
- Delivering to tight deadlines
- Admin duties
- Ad-hoc tasks
- Knowledge and understanding of a range of approaches to production, post production and distribution.
- Must be adept in use of Word, Excel and Outlook. Knowledge of Keynote and Adobe Creative Suite a bonus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively via the written word in proposals and emails.
- An excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator and a confident, engaging presenter.
- Comfortable in a broad range of social environments from the Board Room through to the shop floor and the general public.
- Effective planning and organising skills, ability to concentrate on several areas of work at one time, prioritising, delivering to deadlines
- Ability to write creatively in an engaging manner, adapt, produce and translate with accuracy, clarity and style appropriate to differing audiences and forms of media suitable for multimedia output
- Degree level or above in relevant subject area
- Any additional skills/qualifications will be advantageous
Ability to travel and attend video/production shoots on nights, weekends and overnights when required
Please submit an updated CV with a profile picture and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org stating why you would be suitable for this role.
Applications must have the right to work in the UK
Please note Only successful applicants will be contacted
Islam Channel is committed to building an international and culturally diverse workforce and therefore strongly encourages applications from under-represented groups.