About the HR department:
We believe that HR is the backbone of Islam Channel and helps to shape and positively influence the structure, ethos and wellbeing of the workforce. The HR department ensures that the company is running to the optimum workforce level and employs the right people with the appropriate skills and expertise to enable the company to meet its objectives and customer requirements. HR is responsible for making sure that we have effective talent attraction and talent management strategies in place so that our employees feel valued and enjoy working here. Naturally, we ensure compliance and make sure that Islam Channel is following best practice in employment law and is up to date with the latest legislation.
We are looking for a HR Manager that is looking to take the next exciting stage of their HR career. We are offering a great opportunity to be a part of the UK’s leading media platform dedicated to a Muslim audience. We are a diverse and dynamic Company undergoing rapid change, and need a dedicated HR resource. You will be responsible for the employee & contractor lifecycle, from talent attraction to off boarding.
• Administration and point of knowledge for the employee lifecycle
• Recruitment, onboarding and offboarding cycle
• Continuous pipelining of candidates ensuring a readily available source
• Position Islam Channel as the employer of choice through positive internal and external employer branding communication and initiatives
• Be the employee engagement and wellbeing champion, ensuring a full calendar of initiatives
• Management and production of HR KPIs
• Create and improve job families to ensure ongoing development and internal career paths for employees
• Identify gaps in skills for individuals and departments and sourcing and arranging appropriate training and professional development
• Revision and coordination of the company performance process
• Advise supporting managers on best HR practice
• Monthly payroll input
• Ensure we are in line with up-to-date employment legislation and best practice
• Conduct periodic reviews of market rate benefits and remuneration to ensure we are positioned as an attractive employer
• Be people oriented and results driven
• Have integrity & be discreet to retain confidentiality in all personnel related conversations
• Be CIPD qualified or working towards
• Have at least two years-experience in a HR capacity ideally handling both employees and contractors
• Have an understanding of IR35
• Demonstrate experience with Human Resources metrics
• Have excellent active listening, negotiation, written and presentation skills
• Have the competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels
• Be solution focused and use HR best practice along with commercial acumen
• Be experienced in L&D to be able to successfully identify and deliver solutions for learning opportunities
• Have flexibility to be able to work outside working hours when required
• Experience of using Zoho people is advantageous
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit an updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com stating why you would be suitable for this role.
Applicants must have the right to work in the UK.